Sunday 13 April 2008

Scrapbooking

After visiting KatieQuiggle's house last week and admiring her wonderful scrapbooks I decided to give it a go myself. There was much time spent pondering over a blank sheet of card but eventually I found inspiration and made my first page - I decided to use photos of myself that my mum had given me in an ordinary photo album for my birthday.

The first photo is my first effort. I was quite pleased with the result, considering I've never done this before. So feeling confident I decided to do page 2. I started once again with much time staring at blank card and pink backing paper until after a while things started to come together. The finished result is the second photo. I know the ribbon at the bottom doesn't look straight but I think its just where the paper was distorted when I took the photo.





I hope you like my efforts. Feel free to pass on any hints and tips that could improve my work. Meanwhile, watch this space for page 3...

Von
XXX

2 comments:

Suzi said...

Vonnie,

These are lovely! I too have seen Kates scrapbooks and they are beautiful and a real inspiration!

Well done you for being inspired and for having a go, they look great! Look forward to seeing more!

Anonymous said...

They're fab Von. I love the colour combinations. Beautifully put together too.

Kate